Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Algebra 2 Concept List

This is very much a work in progress.  I took the list of the objectives from my Adv. Alg 2 book and listed them based on what I have covered in the past.  I still have to find corresponding sections in my Alg 2 book, as well as the Ohio Standards.  I also decided that since we will be heading to the Core Standards in 2011-2012, I would also match them.  Haven't gotten that far yet.  Also, I haven't put them in any order yet.  There are a couple I am thinking of taking out - haven't gotten there yet.

Background info:
Adv Alg 2 is our students on a track for Calculus if they stick it out.  Alg 2 is our college prep/"regular" students.  In Ohio, all students will have to take Alg 2 or an Alg 2 equivalent to graduate, starting with our upcoming freshmen (class of 2014).  They also have to have 4 credits of math.  Our current sequence is Alg 1, Alg 2, Geom, Pre-Calc, Calc.  We may have some other options (Sr. Applied Math, Stats) as a 4th credit.

Please offer comments here and feel free to check back to see how my shaping is going.
Thanks!

My Alg 2 Concept List - work in progress **Revised July 16th.  Mainly ordereing of topics and matching to Ohio Standards changes.

No comments: